Just be fucking honest about how you feel about people while you’re alive."John Mayer (via xokrista)
self care ideas ( ◠ ᴥ ◠ )
- eat fruit or something sweet
- take a warm bath with lots of bubbles!!
- brush hair gently
- walk outside barefoot, look at nice flowers
- listen to soft nice music
- go to the thrift store and buy nice old clothes
- bake something
- do laundry and make clothes smell nice
- brush cat
Okay lovely followers!!! Here’s the deal. I love you all to pieces and wanted to do something nice for you. So I am doing a giveaway.
Here’s what you’ll get:
-2 Bead for Life Bangles - which is an amazing organization, please check them out at beadforlife.org - packaged in a cute bead…
what really sucks is when you know you should be doing something but physically cannot bring yourself to do it no matter how important doing that thing is
You need to rest and recover from physical stress.
Recovery time is important because it is then when the body adapts to the stress from the new exercises and the effect from your workout takes place. Your workouts cause muscle tissue breakdown and during the recovery period does your body repair the damaged tissues as well as replenish the energy lost during the exercising. (Source)
You need to rest and recover from mental stress.
Relaxation lowers your stress levels, reducing the likelihood of developing depression, boosting your immune system, and raising your metabolism.
- Acknowledge any stress that you carry and set aside some time to truly relax. The hour before bedtime is good because it eases you into a sleepy mentality which will improve your sleep quality and in turn lower your stress levels!
- Practise breathing techniques, yoga and meditation to slow your heart rate, reconnect with your body and clear your mind.
- Make it a ritual to pamper yourself. Whether that’s curling up with a blanket and your favourite book, or putting some relaxing music on during a bath.
- Stop feeling guilty.
- Learn to prioritise.
- Get enough sleep.
- Give hugs, especially to your lovely friends who care about you. Physical contact is important.
Part of my Beautiful Health series.